In the very near future I will be travelling back to this place:
It has been over 18 months since I was last on British soil and I’m very excited to catch up with some of my amazing friends. I’ll be staying in London for most of the trip and I’m starting to make a dream list of all the places I want to go while I’m there. So far these have made it to the top of my list…
- Spending a Sunday mincing around Columbia Road Market and hopefully making it over here for a cupcake or two.
- Feasting over a vegetarian lunch with my mum at Ottolenghi.
- Making it back to my old neighbourhood for a rarified pub dinner at the Albion.
- Stinking up my luggage with some of the exceptional cheese from La Fromagerie.
- Poking my head around the bookshelves here before settling down to some afternoon tea and cake.
- Taking a cultural break for all the gluttony at the Tate Modern and the National History Museum.
- Getting to Borough Market early enough on a Friday to miss the crowds and settle down for some people watching at Monmouth while cradling a mug of cup.
- Renting a couple bikes to check out the park life with Jeremy. Taking a ride along the edge of Regent’s Canal.
- Escaping the city for a couple days with some friends and messing around on the seaside.
I’m loyal to my favourite places but this time I have told myself that I should break out of the mould and explore some new spots that are supposed to be amazing. I’m saving up my pennies for here…
And hopefully here…
No doubt, there are lots of other gems that I should explore. To those of you who know the city better than I do, where else should I put on my list?